This privacy information applies to the processing of personal data carried out by Transform when you visit our website or mobile applications, use our services, or otherwise interact with us.
It is important that we use your data only in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, in line with your expectations and in a transparent manner.
This policy sets out information about what data is collected, why it is collected, how it is used and your options and rights regarding the collection and use of your data.
Who we are
Name Transform Theatre Projects
Address c/o West Yorkshire Playhouse, Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UP
Registered Company No 09676458
We are registered as a Charity, and our registration number is: 1162870
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data that we collect about you is information that you may volunteer through e-newsletter sign-ups, Membership or donation forms, ticket bookings, online purchases, and visitor surveys.
Personal information we collect may include your:
- name and title
- date of birth
- postal address
- email address
- phone number
- relationships to other donors and/or Members
- current interests and activities
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with Transform as a visitor, customer or supporter, which may include details of:
- ticket purchase and event registration/attendance
- online retail/transaction data including credit/debit card number, payment method and purchase history
- contact preferences
- gift/donation information, including Direct Debit bank details where applicable
- Gift Aid status
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- donor status and wealth assessment information
- employment information and professional activities
- where relevant, selected media coverage
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of Transform
Digital Data may be collected when you visit our website, applications or other digital platforms, including IP addresses, browser data, traffic data, booking history, social media behaviour and user patterns. If you subscribe to our newsletters, we may collect data regarding which newsletters you open, your location when opening them and whether you access any links inserted in them. Read more about how we collect this data in the section below on cookies.
How will we use your information?
Depending on your relationship with Transform, and the preferences you have indicated, information that we hold about you may be used by us for the following purposes:
- To send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- informing you of other products or services related to Transform, such as events, productions or retail offers
- providing you with news and updates about Transform, such as via e-newsletters, event guides, invitations, member or supporter e-newsletters
- providing you with information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to Transform, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways
- other relevant communications based upon your relationship with Transform
- To send you surveys, and for market research purposes
- To undertake screening and cleansing of date in order to ensure that we maintain accurate and up-to-date contact details and information about you. See below for more information about how we update and manage your information.
- Wealth screening and research, to help us understand our Members, donors and potential donors, including gathering information from publicly available resources to give an insight into your philanthropic interests and ability to support Transform. See below for more information about how we update and manage your information.
- In order to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, we may use tools such as email tracking – this records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is generally used in an aggregated and anonymised form.
You can opt out of receiving any/all of our communications at any point simply by contacting email@example.com
In addition, there are some supporter and donor communications that we are required to send regardless of your contact preferences. These are essential communications, deemed necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. This would include Direct Debit confirmations and advanced notices, thank you letters, supporter/donor benefits such as Transform newsletter/magazine, renewal reminders, Gift Aid confirmation letters and querying returned mail or bounced Direct Debit payments with you.
In processing your on-line order we may send your details to, and use information from, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
How we update and manage your information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
We may occasionally consult alternative sources in order to obtain or check information, such as:
- Royal Mail National Change of Address database (NCOA)
- BT Operator Services Information System (OSIS)
- WealthEngine, a wealth intelligence database
- Reviewing employment information that you have made publicly available via social media
- Newspaper articles, publications and company websites
- Companies House and other company information databases
- Charity Commission and Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) registers
- Any other publicly available sources
Where we appoint an external party to undertake a screening of information, any such arrangements will be subject to a formal agreement between Transform and that organisation, to protect the security of your data.
We may segment the information we hold about you in our database based on a proprietary score. These scores are calculated using personal data, as well as how engaged with us you have previously been, and indicators of future engagement. Analysis of this helps us understand our existing and potential supporters and donors to ensure that we are efficient in our operations and that only relevant communications are sent to you.
We may segment the information we hold about you in our database along with other data such as how frequently you engage with us and your interests as indicators of future engagement. This analysis helps us to understand our existing and potential subscribers to ensure that we are efficient in our operations and that relevant communications are sent to you.
You can opt-out of your data being utilised for wealth screening, data cleaning or analysis (with the aims of targeting appropriate communications to you, or finding up to date contact information in the case of gone away mail) simply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Who might we share your information with and how will we keep your data secure?
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations, other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf.
Examples of such data processors would be a bulk email distributor such as MailChimp for the collection (eg via sign-up forms) and storage of personal data (eg within the Transform MailChimp account in order to allow the creation and use of distribution lists, to send marketing email campaigns, and place online advertisements), and the transfer of personal data to certain of MailChimp’s sub-processors (who perform some critical services, such as helping MailChimp prevent abuse and providing support to customers). We may occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance, to MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world. We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. MailChimp has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Any such companies are acting as approved data processors for Transform and we retain full responsibility for your personal data. Data processors will act only on our instructions.
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure and unauthorised modification.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ and subscribers’ personal data.
How can I access information held about me, and/or correct the information?
You can ask us about any personal data that we hold about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide proof of your identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before your request can be processed.
To help us deal with your request, please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
Once we have received your Subject Access Request, the agreed fee and proof of identity, you will receive a response from us within 40 days and you will be able to get copies of any information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
Transform, c/o West Yorkshire Playhouse, Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UP
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by Transform simply contact email@example.com
Information collected using cookies is used to track visitor use of this website, to improve our service and to compile statistical reports on website activity. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in anonymous form, such as repeat visits, time spent on pages and pages of interest.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may consequently not function.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at Transform, c/o West Yorkshire Playhouse, Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UP