Transform is recruiting a Producing Placement to support the delivery of Transform 19. This placement is suited to a curious and committed student who wants to learn new skills and get highly involved in the creation of a major festival. Working directly with the General Manager and festival team, this Placement will be fully embedded in the festival, taking on key administrative, organisational and artist liaison tasks. This is a great opportunity to get up and close to how a major cultural event for Leeds is realised.
- Supporting the realisation and administration of the festival by providing office support, supporting the booking of accommodation and travel, and working closely with the General Manager and festival team.
- Taking on a highly engaged role in the recruitment and coordination of the volunteer group, Team Transform.
- Assisting the delivery of the festival’s marketing strategy through maintaining databases and supporting social media and communications.
- Being part of the realisation of the festival and assisting the set-up and co-ordination of shows and events.
- Acting as an ambassador for the festival and attending meetings and events.
Whilst we are not expecting candidates to have experience in all of the above, some experience of festivals or events may be useful. You will need basic computer skills, curiosity and a desire to learn.
- The Placement will start w.c 25 Feb and runs until 16 May.
- The time commitment is generally two days per weeks, going up to four or five days (to be agreed) for w.c 22 & 28 April to support the festival.
- The Placement will be based at the Transform headquarters (Munro House, LS9 8AG).
- This is an unpaid, voluntary position for a student from a higher-education institution in Leeds. You must be over 18 to apply. Within Leeds travel expenses will be paid.
To apply, please write a cover letter (maximum 1 page) introducing yourself and why you are interested in the Placement. Please send this along with a CV to – email@example.com
The deadline for expressions of interest is 11am on Mon 18 February.
Interviews will be held Thur 21 February.
Transform is an inclusive organisation. We value difference and welcome candidates from a range of different backgrounds.